I do so love Parkrun. I’ve completed 43 on 3 different courses and all of which have had the same thing in common – they’re all about people trying to achieve their own personal goals and feel good. They are always full of happy positive encouraging people, from the runners to the marshals and supporters who cheer everyone on.
No one comes last at a Parkrun as there’s always a Tailwalker and no one is ever told they can’t join in. Run, walk, crawl – sprint it like Usain Bolt or plod along with your dog in tow, everyone is welcome.
- Are you trying to get a PB? Good luck to you, let’s hope you smash that target!
- Is your focus on trying to get physically fit? Good on you, keep on going!
- Are you participating to help your mental health and feel better about yourself? We think you’re great, welcome welcome!
- Are you meeting up with friends and enjoying the experience together? Perfect, have fun!
- Is this something you’re doing with your family to give you quality time? What a great idea, enjoy!
Last week I went to my local Parkrun and it was such a jolly affair. It’s going to be a few weeks before I can go again so in the meantime I wrote a little ditty…
Happy chatter fills the air, colourful t-shirts everywhere;
Let’s limber up, jog on the spot, muscles loose, we’re ready to trot;
The hooter sounds and off we go, watches set, faces a glow;
Some legs are fast, they really Race, others take a more leisurely pace;
Are you quick or are you slow? No one cares just GO GO GO!
Marshals cheer as we run by, “You can do it!” They all cry;
We reach the finish, cross the line, grins all round and feeling fine 😃